Sunday, September 25, 2011

"For Always"

Since Paul and I started talking about our lives together, we never really talked about "forever".  It was always "for always".

When it came time to get our wedding bands, I knew I wanted to get them both engraved with something meaningful and something that wouldn't lose meaning over time.  So we both took a little piece of paper, wrote what we wanted each others ring to say then we put it in the box.  I took them both to our jeweler to have them engraved.  I made sure to tell him that if Paul picks up the rings, don't let him see what his ring says.  And I (surprisingly) didn't even look.  I wanted to know, but I wanted to be surprised on our wedding day as well.

May 8th came around, and after we said our "I do's" I slipped off my ring to see what he wrote.  It said, simply, "For Always".  It made me smile even more than I already had been.  What did I write in his?  "For Always 5-8-11".  It really made me happy.  We know that we are meant to be.  But seeing what we both wrote, without knowing what the other was writing, well, its pretty cool.  Great minds think a like they say... I think the same goes for those who share a great love.

No comments:

Post a Comment