Sunday, July 10, 2011

The BIG Question

Since we got married, just over 2 months ago now, there has been one big question...  So, how does it feel?

Well, it doesn't feel any different than before we were married.  

The hardest part, which is kind of silly, is signing my new name.  :)  

I think that marriage, although a BIG commitment, should not change you, or change your relationship.  Paul and I had for a long time, before we were Mr & Mrs, had that level of commitment.  It was not signified with a big ceremony or diamonds or any of that.  We just knew that no matter what, we planned on being together.  We were each others other half.  There was no wondering what our intentions were.  They were to be together.

That being said, I could not wait for the wedding.  I could not wait to be his wife.  There is something special about having that title of husband and wife.  Although the title doesn't change us, it does make me smile every time he introduces me as "my wife, Niki". 

Lorelei, my hair dresser of 3ish years, got married in May of 2010.  We had the "hows it feel conversation" and she agreed that it (marriage) is only a big deal if you make it a big deal.  She said, "It is just great that I get to spend every day with my best friend."  I couldn't agree with her more.  I am so lucky to have Paul.  He really is my best friend, and will forever be.  

So, no, it doesn't feel and different.  Being married feels the same as not being married.  It is great.  Always has been and will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment